60 Main Street
Huntington, NY 11743
The Huntington YMCA is a community service based organization serving individuals and families in the community of Huntington for more than 60 years. Eileen Knauer is the Executive Director of the Huntington YMCA
Eileen began her career at the YMCA in 1986 as a volunteer!
Eileen began her formal employment in 1990 part time in the pool as a lifeguard.
Over the past 22 years she has held the following roles:
- Fitness Director
- Swim instructor
- Senior Program Director
- Water exercise Coordinator
- Associate Executive Director
- Fitness Instructor
- Executive Director
- Personal Trainer
Eileen took over the leadership of the YMCA as Executive Director in June of 2006.
She is active in her community of Huntington and is an active member of the following organizations:
- Huntington Chamber of Commerce Member
- Huntington Community Council Member
- Huntington Rotary Club Member
- Huntington Rotary Club Board Member
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Marcie Mazzola Foundation Committee Member
- Town Of Huntington Downtown Revitalization Committee
- Town of Huntington – Huntington Station Action Coalition Subcommittee on Education and Human Services
- Huntington Kiwanis Club Food Drive committee
- Healthier Tomorrows Committee – a pediatric weight management program in collaboration with Huntington Hospital.
- Participates in many collaborations with local organizations, hospitals and school districts.
Eileen holds a degree in Business Management from St. Johns University. Eileen resides in Huntington. She has two children who both attended Walt Whitman HS, Joseph age 26 graduated from Springfield College and just recently married Renee and Christine age 23 graduated from University of North Carolina, and her masters in Physiology at Stony Brook. Christine will be attending Medical School at New York College of Medicine in July 2012.
EIleen enjoys fitness, studying nutrition, travel and reading.