CALL FOR PARTNERS
Our hearts go out to you and your community as we each face the realities of these times. Now, more than ever, small businesses need to work together. The Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce wants to encourage our community to support our local economy and each other. By joining our “It Starts Here” initiative, you are reminding the community just how far a dollar spent locally can go.
We invite all local businesses and organizations to partner with us.
PARTNERS WILL RECEIVE
- An “It Starts Here” decal for your business
- A listing on our “It Starts Here” Directory
- Promotion for your Events/Specials
- Ideas on how to celebrate the holiday season throughout November and December (Small Business Saturday, Giving Tuesday and other events)
- Event marketing templates — such as press releases, social media posts and other materials
Provide us with links to any events or promotions they are organizing to support local businesses during the holiday season
Spread the word by sharing social media posts and finding other creative ways to engage their members in this effort
READY TO JOIN?
- Fill out the application and mail it back to: Huntington Chamber, 164 main street, Huntington NY. Or, stop by our office, say “hello” and pick up your decal
- Once your application is received and processed, you will receive a “It Starts Here” decal for your business location
- Dollars spent locally support vital public services in our town and county
- Local ownership ensures that important decisions are made locally by people who live in the community and who will feel the impacts of those decision
- You can grow a relationship with your local merchants. They can get to know you and cater to your preferences
- Local merchants care about and invest in your community. They usually contribute back to local not for profits and charities
- Your local purchases support local jobs
- When you shop at one local merchant, you’re supporting a whole host of other business. Banks, restaurants and other business cluster around our local shops
- Local shops are more accessible for everyone. This is especially important for elderly, vulnerable and those without transport
- You save money by shopping locally. You drive less, you save time and you’d be surprised how often the retail prices are lower, too
- You can reduce your environmental impact by cutting out those long drives to outside areas
- Your purchases help the town attract new entrepreneurs and skilled workers. Towns that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive characters are more successful in recruiting.